If your passport has been lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. Please follow the steps below to report the passport lost or stolen, and to apply for a new passport.
Schedule an appointment. Please use the online Appointment System to choose a date and time. You must appear in person at the U.S. Embassy.NOTE: if your tourist passport was lost/stolen and you have a valid diplomatic or official passport, please contact us for more information,KabulACS@state.gov.
Gather the following items to bring to your appointment:
- DS-64 form – complete and print. Sign the form.
- DS-11 application form – complete and print. Do NOT sign the form. You must sign the DS-11 in the presence of the consular officer;
- Two passport photos – 2×2 inches (5 x 5 cm) with a white background. More information about photo requirements can be found here.
- The appropriate fee – To be paid in U.S. dollars, cash only.
- If you have the following documents, please bring them to your appointment (usually we are able to process your lost/stolen passport application without the documents below):
Proof of U.S. citizenship — a certified copy of U.S. birth certificate, original Naturalization Certificate, or U.S. Certificate of Citizenship;
Proof of identity – any valid, government-issued ID, including a driver’s license, ID card, or military ID.
Processing time & Passport pick up:
Passports are printed in the United States with a secure photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow 2-3 weeks for your application to be processed. You will receive an email when your passport is ready to be picked up at the U.S. Embassy Consular Section.
The ACS Unit does not mail passports. You – or a person you designate by name with a signed letter – must appear in person to pick up the passport.
If your U.S. passport was lost or stolen and you have urgent travel plans, call +93 (0)700 114 000 to discuss your emergency situation with the duty officer. Passports for urgent travel can usually be issued the following business day.