Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: The U.S. Embassy has received ongoing reports that terrorists continue to plan attacks against non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other entities in Kabul, Afghanistan that are suspected to have an affiliation with the U.S. government, USAID, or other foreign governments.
As highlighted in previous messages, terrorists conduct attacks using vehicle-borne, magnetic, or other improvised explosive devices (IEDs), suicide vests, and grenades. These attacks often occur with little or no warning.
All previous security alerts from the U.S. Embassy, including frequently targeted places, remain valid and can be viewed on the U.S. Embassy website athttps://af.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
Actions to Take:
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444