Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: As of June 2019, militants plan to use vehicle borne improvised explosive devices to attack private U.S. contractors located at Afghan police, military, or other government buildings in Ghazni Province, Afghanistan. Private U.S. citizens may also be targeted.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Monitor local media and news for updates.
- Minimize non-essential travel.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444