Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Kabul advises U.S. citizens of possible heightened security measures, traffic disruptions, and road closures in Kabul from Tuesday, February 27 through Thursday, March 1 due to the Kabul Process Conference. This may include roads leading to the airport and the International Zone.
The U.S. Embassy in Kabul will be closed for routine consular services on these dates. The Consular Section will re-open for normal operations on Sunday, March 4, 2018. U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance can reach the American Citizen Services unit using the contact information at the bottom of this message.
Actions to Take:
· Minimize non-essential travel.
· Avoid central Kabul if possible on these dates.
· Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
· Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
· Monitor local media.
· American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates