Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Events: U.S. Embassy personnel in Kabul are restricted to essential travel only from April 28 to May 2. Afghan national holidays and public events at the end of April and beginning of May are expected to increase the number of visitors to Kabul. An increased police and security presence, large numbers of vehicles on the roads, checkpoints for motorists, and road closures beginning on or before April 28 will create significant delays and inconvenience for travelers.
The large number of people traveling by air and by road to Kabul, and crowds traveling to or assembling for events, may be targeted by terrorist groups operating in Afghanistan.
U.S. Embassy personnel in Kabul are restricted to essential travel only during this period. The Consular Section will be closed on April 28 but will otherwise continue normal operations. For emergencies involving U.S. citizens during this time, please call the Consular Duty Officer at 0700-108-000.
Actions to Take:
- Restrict movements to only the most necessary travel
- Avoid large crowds.
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444