July 18, 2019
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: Continuing threats exist against hotels, residential compounds, international organizations, embassies, and other locations frequented by foreign nationals including U.S. citizens in Kabul. These sites have been attacked repeatedly, without warning, and you should be vigilant and exercise caution when visiting places where foreigners in Afghanistan gather or reside.
Actions to Take:
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter