Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: Political protesters have started gathering at the Ghazi Stadium, just east and south of the International Zone. The Embassy expects thousands of protesters to attend, resulting in traffic disruptions and increased security in the area.
Terrorists and extremist organizations frequently exploit the presence of crowds to attack civilians, often striking without warning, using many different methods, including gunfire, suicide vests, grenades, and improvised explosive devices.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Monitor local media and news for updates.
- Minimize non-essential travel.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter