Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Kabul alerts U.S. citizens that extremist organizations continue to plan attacks against a variety of civilian targets, including Afghan government facilities, government ceremonies and events, and transportation carrying government employees. Civilians in the vicinity of such targets are vulnerable to harm. Kidnapping or targeting of foreigners remains a priority for terrorist or criminal groups in Afghanistan.
Actions to Take:
- Minimize non-essential travel.
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Monitor local media.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter