Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Kabul alerts U.S. citizens that extremist organizations have historically planned disruptive activities and attacks targeting celebrations and large gatherings during the annual Nowruz holiday. U.S. citizens may notice heightened security measures, including traffic disruptions and road closures in Kabul.
The U.S. Embassy in Kabul will be closed Wednesday, March 21, 2018, in honor of the Nowruz holiday. U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance can reach the American Citizen Services unit using the contact below.
Actions to Take:
- Minimize non-essential travel.
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Monitor local media.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter