Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: As of early November 2018, there are reports that militants plan to conduct attacks using suicide attackers and/or vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIEDs) against hotels, compounds, and lodging camps which house foreign workers in Kabul.
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that over the past five years, Park Star, Green Village, the Baron Hotel, the Intercontinental, the Serena, the Safi Landmark, and Kabul Star have all been targeted and attacked by terrorists.
While the Embassy takes these reports seriously, it is not currently modifying its security procedures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter