Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: As of mid-May 2019, the U.S. Embassy has received reports that militants continue to plan attacks of varying complexity against targets in Kabul where foreign citizens, foreign diplomats, and Afghan government officials may gather or stay, including hotels, housing compounds, and Afghan, U.S., and other foreign government offices and facilities.
Actions to Take:
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter