Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: Despite the increased police presence, U.S. citizens should continue to exercise caution while traveling in Kabul and throughout Afghanistan. Public buildings, government buildings, airports, schools, hospitals, hotels, and public gatherings all have been targets of terrorist attacks in the past year. Attacks can occur at any time without warning. Remain vigilant and take the following actions to help you stay safe.
Actions to Take:
- Restrict movements to only the most necessary travel
- Avoid large crowds.
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans and carry a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter