Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: As of late January 2019, militants continue to plan attacks against airports throughout Afghanistan, including Jalalabad Airfield.
Over the past five years, insurgents have targeted a variety of places, including educational institutions, private housing compounds, commercial lodging establishments, commercial retail establishments, foreign government facilities, and host government facilities.
Actions to Take:
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans
- Carry a “Go Bag” with food, water, first aid kit, and a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter