Location: Throughout Afghanistan
Event: In recent weeks, increased terrorist attacks, kidnappings, criminal violence, and civil unrest have occurred throughout Afghanistan. Hotels, residential compounds, international organizations, embassies, and other locations frequented by foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, are known to be under enduring threat. The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the Travel Advisory for Afghanistan is Level 4-Do Not Travel due to crime, terrorism, civil unrest, kidnapping, armed conflict, and COVID-19. U.S. citizens already in Afghanistan should consider departing. If you decide to remain in Afghanistan, carefully consider all travel and limit trips only to those that are absolutely necessary.
Please help us to increase enrollment in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you know of U.S. citizens who are not enrolled, please encourage them to visit https://step.state.gov and enroll today.
Actions to take:
· Review your personal security plans
· Be aware of your surroundings
· Avoid areas where Westerners are known to congregate
· Keep a low profile
· Vary your travel routes and times
· Minimize non-essential travel
· American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and
the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates