Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Event: Due to restrictions on air travel in the region, flights to and from Kabul may be delayed or canceled. The U.S. Embassy in Kabul recommends that travelers check with their airlines to confirm the status of their flights. This situation may last several days or longer.
As a reminder, in accordance with the Travel Advisory for Afghanistan, the Department of State warns U.S. citizens against travel to Afghanistan. The security situation in Afghanistan is extremely unstable, and the threat to all U.S. citizens in Afghanistan remains critical. U.S. citizens currently visiting or residing in Afghanistan may wish to consider departing. The Embassy strongly urges U.S. citizens who decide to remain in Afghanistan to review your personal security plans, take appropriate steps to enhance your personal safety, remain aware of your surroundings, monitor local media for updates, and maintain a high level of vigilance. Actions to Take:
Actions to Take:
- Stay in contact with your airline to confirm your flight status.
- Consult with security providers at your location.
- Review your personal security plans
- Carry a “Go Bag” with food, water, first aid kit, and a fully charged communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter