Qatar Airways has announced additional seats available for purchase on their June 20 and June 27 flights from Kabul, and two additional flights scheduled for July 4 and 7. One-stop connections to Chicago (ORD) and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) are available on Qatar, and additional connections to U.S. cities may be possible on the same ticket with partner airlines.
We encourage all U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPR/“green card” holders) who wish to return to the United States to utilize these flights while they remain available. Questions about visa categories eligible for travel should review the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) guidance and White House immigration actions linked below; the U.S. Embassy cannot review individual cases or make travel guarantees.
To purchase a ticket, please go to https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/we-will-get-you-home.html (Discount Code: TRAVELHOME).
- This is a commercial flight is offered by Qatar Airways, it is not a U.S. government charter flight.
- Tickets are first come-first served and must be purchased directly from Qatar Airways.
- You must book a connecting ticket from Kabul (KBL) all the way to Chicago (ORD) or Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) in order to board the flight.
- For additional assistance, please contact the Qatar Airways ticket office in Islamabad directly at +92 213 565 1124.
U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents (“green card” holders), and travelers with valid Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) are eligible to purchase tickets for this flight.
- Travel advice from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) can be found at: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-global.
- Information on current Customs and Border Protection operations can be found at https://www.cbp.gov/travel.
- Information on Presidential Executive Orders regarding immigration actions and travel restrictions can be found at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-ctions/?issue_filter=immigration.
If you are not already enrolled in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP, https://step.state.gov), please register today to ensure you receive future updates from the U.S. Embassy regarding all potential travel options.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and
the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93-700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter