The U.S. Embassy has been informed that Qatar Airways is offering an unscheduled commercial flight from Kabul to Doha, Qatar on Saturday, May 16, 2020, with connecting flights available to Chicago (ORD).
This flight is offered directly by the airline. It is not a U.S. government charter flight. Tickets are first come-first served, and you must purchase a complete ticket all the way to the United States in order to board the flight in Kabul.
Tickets for this flight must be purchased directly from Qatar Airways at the following link:
We encourage all U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPR/”green card” holders) to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov, to ensure you receive all future updates from the U.S. Embassy regarding other potential travel options.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and
the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93-700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter