March 12, 2020
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy will be closed for all routine services from March 15-28, 2020. U.S. citizens who held passport, notary or other appointments during this time will be contacted separately to reschedule.
For emergency assistance for U.S. citizens, please call the Embassy at 0700-114-000 or 700-108-000 (after hours).
Additional updates will be sent through the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you have colleagues who are not enrolled, please encourage them to visit https://step.state.gov and enroll today.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and
the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93-700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in theSafe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us onFacebook and Twitter