Qatar Airways has scheduled additional ad-hoc commercial flights from Kabul (KBL), connecting through Doha to Chicago O’Hare (ORD). The next flight is scheduled for Saturday, May 23, 2020.
Please go to https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/we-will-get-you-home.html (Discount Code: TRAVELHOME) to purchase your ticket.
- This is a commercial flight offered by Qatar Airways. It is not a U.S. government charter flight.
- Tickets are first come-first served and must be purchased directly from Qatar Airways.
- You must book a connecting ticket from Kabul (KBL) all the way to Chicago (ORD) in order to board the flight.
- For additional assistance, please contact the Qatar Airways ticket office in Islamabad at +92 213 565 1124.
U.S. Citizens, Legal Permanent Residents (“green card” holders) and travelers with valid Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) are eligible to purchase tickets for this flight.
- Travel advice from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) can be found at: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-global.
- Information on current Customs and Border Protection operations can be found at https://www.cbp.gov/travel.
- Information on the most recent Executive Order regarding immigration and travel can be found at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/.
- (b) The suspension and limitation on entry pursuant to section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:
- (i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States; or
- (viii) any alien seeking to enter the United States pursuant to a Special Immigrant Visa in the SI or SQ classification, and any spouse and children of any such individual.
We encourage all U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs/”green card” holders) to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at step.state.gov to ensure you receive future updates from the U.S. Embassy regarding potential travel options.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and
the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93-700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Afghanistan Country Information
- Afghanistan Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter