Location: We received reports of possible demonstrations in various parts of Kabul. Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Shar-e-Naw Park to Saraye-Shamali Circle
- Shar-e-Naw Park to Baraki Circle
- Shar-e-Naw Park to Kote-Sangi Circle
- Shar-e-Naw Park to Shirpoor Circle
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on February 1, 2018, beginning at 9 a.m. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. U.S. citizens should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations and keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings and carry a charged cell phone.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- American Citizen Services Unit, U.S. Embassy Kabul, Afghanistan
Located at Great Massoud Road between Radio Afghanistan and the Ministry of Public Health in Kabul.
+93-700-114-000 or +93 -700-108-000 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444